Are you a camaraderie-loving champ looking for your next role in IT? Do conversations that revolve around the latest technology trends, especially when they involve servers and command lines, put a twinkle in your eye? Are your speed and accuracy skills when it comes to problem-solving above par (if you don’t say so yourself!)? If you answered “yes” to all three under your breath and wondered how we’ve hacked into your brain, then we’ve got the role for you!
N2 is seeking a Systems Administrator with a friendly personality, positive attitude, and impressive work ethic to contribute to our Information Technology team at our Home Office in Wilmington, North Carolina. Along with strong, current technical skills, we are looking for someone who is self-motivated and happy working both independently as well as part of a team.
So what’s this gig all about, you ask? This person would start their morning each day checking our systems: reviewing our IT ticket queue, resolving infrastructure alerts, and maintaining backup sets. The “big rocks” of the day would be centered around ongoing projects, such as building and maintaining servers and tending to IT support tickets for our team members. But that’s not all! Check out the detailed list below of what you could expect as a Systems Admin here at N2.
In a typical day, you would:
- Work closely with other team members to ensure smooth technical operations.
- Assist with the technical design, planning, implementation, performance tuning, and backup and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems.
- Manage data center and network architecture information.
- Work on system administration for Windows operating systems.
- Demonstrate some working knowledge and / or gain experience in:
- VMware (ESXi and Horizon)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Windows Server 2016
- LAN / WAN, TCP / IP, Cisco IOS
- Dell server / hardware administration
- Linux OS maintenance and deployment
- Perform other work as needed, both projects and help desk / task-oriented.
To land this gig, you also need to:
- Be a team player.
- Maintain accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- Truly enjoy helping others.
- Have a “we” attitude, not a “me” attitude.
- Exhibit all-star communication skills.
- Be a quick learner with a desire to grow.
- Be resourceful and adaptable in an environment of change.
- Not be afraid to make decisions based on your knowledge and training.
It’s not required, but it’d be awesome if you:
- Are CompTIA certified (A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, etc.).
- Are Cisco certified (CCNA, CCNP, etc).
- Have experience with Terraform.
- Have experience with DevOps and / or Ansible.
- Have scripting and automation experience.
At N2, our team is made up of emotionally healthy people who genuinely enjoy working together in positions they are passionate about. We offer a drama-free work culture built on trust, respect, and humility. Our culture is more important to us than our product, though we take a tremendous amount of pride in both. Maybe you’re thinking, “That’s what they all say.” Well, here’s our proof:
- 4x Fortune's Best Workplaces winner
- 3x Entrepreneur's Top Company Culture winner
- 2x Inc.'s Best Workplaces winner
If all this isn’t enough to excite you, here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation with growth opportunities
- Generous paid time off, plus two paid weeks at the end of the year – you read that right; it’s our “Holiday Break” and it’s wonderful!
- A full benefits package with an employer contribution to the medical premium and HSA
- A 401(k) retirement plan with a Safe Harbor match fully vested, plus free financial planning services
- Professional development opportunities through Lunch & Learns and N2 Learners classes
- Free, unlimited access to daily in-person fitness classes and a nutritionist
We’re looking to make an offer soon, with interviews beginning immediately. If this sounds like your idea of a great work environment, then what are you waiting for?! Apply today at application.n2pub.com!
N2 Publishing is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, N2 Publishing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.