Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
N2 Publishing is seeking a skilled web developer with a friendly personality, positive attitude and impressive work ethic to contribute to our fast-growing technology team. The successful candidate can either work remotely from home or relocate to beautiful coastal Wilmington, North Carolina to work at our Home Office.
Let’s be real: as a talented web developer, you probably have your pick of future employers. So why choose N2 Publishing? We’re glad you asked.
At N2, our team is made up of emotionally healthy people who genuinely enjoy working together in positions they are passionate about. We do this in a drama-free work culture built on trust, respect and humility. We promote based on consistent, quality performance and we intentionally nurture our team member’s professional development because we promote from within every chance we get. Our culture is more important to us than our product, though we take a tremendous amount of pride in both. Maybe you’re thinking, “Every company says that kind of thing”. We get it. So check out what others are saying about us:
- Inc, Magazine: 682% four-year revenue growth: A Fastest Growing Company in the US (7x winner)
- Glassdoor: A Best Place to Work
- Fortune: A Best Place to Work for recent college grads, women, and flexibility
- Fortune: A Best Place to Work for a medium-sized business
- Entrepreneur: Top Company Culture (2x winner)
- Outside Magazine: A Best Place to Work (2x winner)
If this sounds like your idea of a great work environment, then we want to talk to you! We are looking to fill this position in early 2018, with interviews starting in January. What are you waiting for? Apply today at application.n2pub.com!
In a typical day, you would:
- Write well designed, testable, efficient senior level code by using best software development practices
- Create site layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Provide input, options, and recommendations on software features and system enhancements
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Provide recommendations into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
To land this gig, you need:
- 4-year degree in a computer science-related discipline or relevant degree
- Shall have a minimum of 3 years of Ruby on Rails experience
- In-depth understanding of how web applications work including security, session management and best development practices
- Full working knowledge of MVC application architecture
- In-depth knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Experience using Agile Methodologies and Test Driven Development
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Team player attitude with a desire to be part of an organization that is making a difference in people’s lives
- Proven experience leading a technical development team is not required, but is a plus
If our passion for our people isn’t enough to excite you, here are some more benefits we offer:
- competitive compensation.
- a flexible work schedule with generous paid time off.
- eight paid company holidays each year.
- a full benefits package with an employer contribution to the medical premium.
- a 401(k)-retirement plan with an employer match.
- two Lunch & Learns each month – we buy the food!
- monthly company socials with free appetizers.
- free unlimited access to daily fitness classes and a nutritionist.
We provide a drama-free culture built on trust, respect, and humility. People are promoted based on consistent performance and cultural fit; we intentionally develop our talent so that we can promote from within the organization. We are emotionally healthy people who genuinely enjoy working with each other. So brilliant jerks need not apply.
Think you’re the one for us? Apply now.
N2 Publishing is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, N2 Publishing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.